12.14.2012

Enjoyable Videos: 'Gangnam Style' to 'Kony 2012:' This year's top viral videos

In my classroom I love to spark creative thought and critical thinking - I believe one of the essential components to achieving this in my classroom is to engage all of my students - and to spark their motivation to work to the best of their ability.

One of the ways I accomplish this is to play 'funny' or enjoyable videos the last 5 minutes of class on Fridays - if students have demonstrated a strong work ethic for the week. Students are able to nominate videos at any point - and this nomination process is an amazing way to get to know students and to help shy quiet students feel as though they are contributing to class.

This latest CNN article "'Gangnam Style' to 'Kony 2012:' This year's top viral videos" discussed and highlighted the viral videos from this past year - and nearly all of them have been played in my class.

Some of the videos included are:

No comments:

Post a Comment