1.09.2013

Educational Article: WHY K-12 SCHOOLS ARE FAILING BY NOT TEACHING SEARCH

The Educational Article: "Why K-12 schools are failing by not teaching search" by Jeff Utecht is a great read.

As I have often reminded my students - the information that is accessible today is nearly infinite. Getting to the information is no longer difficult part - instead it is sifting through information, understanding good sources from bad sources, being able to synthesize information, and as I repeat too often being able to read, write, and think critically and independently.

I hope in my classroom my students receive better ratings on the chart included. Again, I suggest that educators check out the article "Why K-12 schools are failing by not teaching search" by Jeff Utecht.

No comments:

Post a Comment