9.29.2012

My mini rant and the educational article: 5 Critical Mistakes Schools Make With iPads (And How To Correct Them)

As I reflect about the first few weeks in the classroom with 1:1 iPads I feel excited and transformed by the possibilities - I realize and know that iPads can and will transform education. While observing my students consume information, produce information, and most importantly experience collaborative hands on activities I see a much higher level of understanding, a higher level of community, and overall just a better classroom.

The article "5 Critical Mistakes Schools Make With iPads (And How To Correct Them)" provides a look at how some schools and too many educators are misperceiving the iPad - I have long said the iPad is not a computer. Instead the mobile device that is the iPad can and should be transforming classrooms throughout the country. While I do not believe all of the mistakes are 100% accurate the article is a great read.

I will be posting more in the upcoming days/weeks on my experience with the iPad - my observations, the essential components and lessons I have learned and much more

No comments:

Post a Comment