- "East struggles to recover from Irene"
- "Disaster aid account faces shortfall"
- "August deadliest month for US in Afghanistan"
- "America's biggest teacher and principal cheating scandal unfolds in Atlanta"
- "Bullying Law Puts New Jersey Schools on Spot"
- "Mo. teachers group sues over social networking law"
- "Government sues to block AT&T, T-Mobile merger"
- "End of an era: Last space shuttle comes home"
- "Junk food: Less soda, thinner kids"
Lesson for Today:
For each article include the title and answer the BASIC QUESTIONS:
*Who (person, organization, etc) is involved in the situation? (Be sure to include their role)
*When did the situation happen? When was the article written?
*Where did the situation happen?
*What is the situation? (Provide a clear and complete summary of the situation)
*Why is this situation important?
*How does this situation connect to social studies? (Prove your connection)
Articles for Friday September 2nd:
Video for Today: